How to Get Rid of Squirrels
Are you having difficulty getting rid of those pesky little squirrels in your yard? Do you need to figure out how to get rid of squirrels and take control of your home and yard? Squirrels can be a nuisance if allowed into your home. They will eat your electrical wires and build nests up in your attics. Squirrels will cause a wealth of destruction if allowed to roam free and not taken care of. These little critters also enjoy getting into bird feeders and eating all of the food in them.
There are a few simple tips and tricks that you can use to try to eliminate the squirrels from coming around your home. We will go through them here to give you the guidance and knowledge that you are looking for, so you know how to get rid of squirrels.
How to Get Rid of Squirrels
1. When you buy your next bird-feeder, make sure it is squirrel proof. If the squirrels are not able to get into the feeders and eat, they will give up and move on.
2. Make sure your yard is clean and does not have any leftover scraps or trash left lying around. Squirrels have been known to eat almost anything they come in contact with, so the more you have put away the better it is for you and your home. If there are any bird seeds from the feeder that have been knocked out, you need to clean them up. If you had an outdoor picnic or cookout, then you need to make sure there are no scraps, or trash, left outside. Any time the squirrels think that they are going to be able to find food in your yard they are going to keep hanging around and you will never get rid of them.
3. Buy a squirrel repellant for your home and garden. There are various types of squirrel repellants on the market and it is all a matter of choice which one you decide to use. Depending on the type of repellant you choose you may have to spray the mixture, sprinkle it on, or hang them in an area that you want the squirrels to stay away from.
4. Cats are great for getting rid of squirrels, and they make great pets as well. Since cats are great predators they will get lots of exercise from chasing the squirrels out of your yard. When the squirrels get tired of being pestered by your cats, they will probably leave your yard.
5. As a last resort, you can set live traps to catch the squirrels. You need to bait the traps with things such as nuts, peanut butter r fruit. Once you have caught the squirrels you can take them into the wilderness and let them go, but no matter what always go a few miles away from your home. Sometimes your local animal control facility will be willing to take the squirrels off your hands.
Incorporating any one of these methods will help you to take control back, and eliminate the squirrels once and for all. Now that you know how to get rid of squirrels, all you need to do is incorporate them into practice and reap the rewards.