Best Testosterone Boosters
To begin with, you must know your normal physiology. The normal levels of testosterone in your blood are between 350 & 1000 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl). With age you tend to lose around 1 percent a year, beginning at around the age of 40 years. This decline is quite minimal and does not cause significant effects on your body. Thereafter as you enter your 60s, low testosterone levels may cause problems like impotency, muscle loss, low sexual performance, brittle bones as well as obesity. There are certain conditions which may cause young men to suffer from such problems. The main cause is hypogonadism which means that due to various reasons the amount of production of testosterone within your body is quite low. Causes of hypogonadism could be injury to the testis, undescended testes, and pituitary disorders.
There are various methods available to boost your testosterone levels. The most common method is testosterone injections, pills, gels or patches. However you may have complications as a result of such treatment. You may develop side effects such as shrunken testicles, liver disorders, acne and high cholesterol levels. In the long term you may be at a higher risk of suffering from heart disease and prostate cancer.
Owing to increased stress and sedentary lifestyles nowadays, the rate of decline of testosterone with age is faster. Hence it is advisable that young males in the age group of 20 to 30 years increase their amount of physical activity and aim at maintaining a healthy lifestyle so that they can maintain higher levels of testosterone as well as slow down the declining levels of this hormone with increasing age.
Best Testosterone Boosters – Men must try the following methods:
- Maca is a vegetable found abundantly in Peru and is known to have properties which help boost testosterone production as well as control the production of estrogen in males. You can use it in the form on root powder, 3 to 6 tablespoonfuls per day. It is available nowadays in the capsule form as well.
- Increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in your diet, which help increase the amounts of good cholesterol in your body.
- Zinc is known to increase the amount of testosterone production; you can take it in the form of zinc citrate – fifty to hundred mg per day.
- Vitamin E is known to boost production of testosterone when consumed in the amount of 1500 – 3000 mg per day.
- Get 8 – 9 hours of sleep every night.
- Decrease your levels of stress; practice certain meditation or breathing exercises regularly.
- Do some physical exercise daily, it may be running, swimming, cycling or brisk walking.
- Avoid consumption of excess fatty foods.
- Loose all your tummy fat and keep your weight under check.
- Healthy competition at your workplace can help increase testosterone levels.
- Do not forget your sex life. Make time for sex atleast thrice a week with your partner. It not only helps burn a few calories but gives a healthy boost to your levels of testosterone.
Those are some of the best testosterone boosters to try naturally.